Want to take a trip? Talk to our travel coordinator! Book all your Group Active, Oregon West and Collette Trips through our Center’s Travel Office and we receive a commission which helps us support our Center’s services to seniors in South Salem.
Kathy Parlet, travel coordinator – 503-588-0748
Office hours are Monday and Thursday (or by appointment), generally from noon to 3 p.m. Come by the office and check out the following trips and MORE on the travel board. Trips to all over the USA, Europe, South America, and more available!
Keep up-to-date with the many trips available with our newsletter and regular visits to the travel office!
Oregon West Excursions
- March 21-25: Fly Away Mystery Tour to largest city in a nation not on a navigable waterway. Deadline has past, but call for more information.
- April 8-13: Sedona Moab & Monument Valley. Sedona, AZ, called “Red Rock Country,” with parks, scenery, and the cool waters of the Colorado. Deadline has past, but call for more information.
- April 23-26: Tri-Cities & the Snake River: Learn about US’s top secret Manhattan project (Hanford Site), and cruise the Columbia and Snake rivers through North Americas deepest gorge. Deadline 3/12.
- May 19-22: Lake Ouinault & Ocean Shores. Unique landscape of rain forest, rugged mountains, lowland lakes, rivers and saltwater beaches. Deadline has past, but call for more information.
- May 26-31: Philadelphia & Gettysburg. Philadelphia, brimming with history, home to America’s most sacred historic sites. Deadline has past, but call for more information.
- June 9-15: NE Oregon & Beyond. Breathtaking beauty and diversity. An Area steeped in history. Stops in Walla Walla, Clarkston, Joseph, Baker City, Baker, Bend, and Sisters. June 22-24: Mount Rainer & Mount St. Helens. Washington’s most famous icons. Views of old growth forests, stunning wild flower meadows, and an active volcano. Deadline 4/21.
- July 8-14: Mackinac Island & The Great State of Michigan. Step back in time to a time when transportation was limited to buggy, bicycle or foot. Deadline: 4/4.
- July 15-21: Montreal & Quebec City, which are French speaking cities, are considered the cultural capital of the world with a glimmer of Old Europe and cobblestoned 17th century streets. Deadline: 4/11.
- Aug.18-22: Redwoods. Journey to a place declared America’s most scenic country and home to the world’s tallest trees. Deadline: 5/16.
- Sept 20-Oct 4: European Heritage Sites. Explore these World Heritage Sites from the perspective of art and architecture. A two-week celebration of the masters: Botticelli, Tittian, Michelangelo and so many others. Deadline: 6/18
If you are interested in any of these trips, come by the Center’s Travel Office to pick up a flyer with more information, OR Call our Center at 503-588-0748, OR call Oregon West Excursions at 503-585-3979.
Tell Oregon West you heard about these trips at the South Salem Senior Center!
New tours coming, but not listed on this page are Italy, Maine, Washington DC, and Seattle’s Christmas Ships, just to name a few!