- Travel Coordinator: Plan trips, register travelers, and escort tours. (2+ days per week)
- Newsletter (Backup) Editor: Write, edit and do computer graphics to assist current editor and fill in during an absence. (3-4 days per month).
Call 503-588-1443 if interested!
Want to Become a Volunteer?
We have a large need for volunteers! Some of the positions that need to be filled might need previous experience, but overall there is also the possibility to train people. We are always eager to have new volunteers, along with innovative ideas they can bring to our Center.
Possible Ways You Can Volunteer:
- Office volunteers: A busy job, but never boring and a lot of interaction on the phone and the front desk.
- Nifty Thrifty Rummage Room and the Gift Shoppe are always in need of volunteers to work various hours 5 days a week.
- Computer Lab: We have particular need for volunteers knowledgeable in computer technology and capable of instructing people on using the computers.
- Newsletter: We need volunteers to help create the newsletter in all of its various stages to complete it.
- Handyman or handywoman: Able to help with various odd jobs around the center, particularly fixing things.
- Donation pickup: This position needs volunteers strong enough to lift heavy objects.
- Pancake breakfast: A once-a-month commitment to help coordinate and serve food at the monthly breakfast.
- Travel Department: This person needs the capacity to plan for day and overnight trips. We have two travel companies they would be working with. Not only does it provide for members the chance to travel, but we also receive a commission.
- Public Relations: We are always looking for people who would enjoy doing PR work for our center.
- We have different events through out the year that require volunteers to make them a success, including: Fashion Show, Craft Show, Potlucks, Flea Market, Stockings for Soldiers.
Hopefully volunteers would have new ideas for different activities we might try here at the center!