We are currently actively seeking volunteers for the following positions:
Seeking Carpool Drivers
Ready to buckle up behind the wheel to drive others and see the sights. Are you someone who enjoys meeting new people and relishes an adventure?
Carpool Drivers are needed for once a month trips to “mostly local” events, though we do occasionally schedule activities to Portland and surrounding areas. Once you’ve transported members to the event you are welcome to participate with the group!
This a once monthly volunteer position with a gas reimbursement. You will be using your own car. Volunteering is tax deductible.
We are seeking 4-5 drivers per month, so please volunteer your time and car to join in the fun. We are looking for volunteers ASAP, so don’t wait!
To volunteer, please call Lela Cesena at the Travel Office, 503-588-1443.
Would you like to meet new people, help answer questions and be a part of making the Center run smoothly?
Receptionists are NEEDED at the Front Desk. We have four hour shifts available, either 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. or 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This is an ideal job for a team player: you’ll have a partner who works the desk with you since two volunteers are scheduled on each shift. Training is simple because it happens while you are on duty.
If you are interested, talk to one of our staff who will be glad to share their thoughts. You can also call Alice Wells, Office Manager, at 503-362-5139.
BINGO Program Coordinator NEEDED ASAP
Irv Hersha has been running the bingo program at the Center since 2002. Deservedly, he is ready to retire and we need someone to fill his VERY LARGE shoes. Please contact Camille Lockling at 503-588-1443 or Alice Wells at 503-362-5139 if you are interested in running the BINGO program.
Want to Become a Volunteer?
We have a large need for volunteers! Some of the positions that need to be filled might need previous experience, but overall there is also the possibility to train people. We are always eager to have new volunteers, along with innovative ideas they can bring to our Center.
Possible Ways You Can Volunteer:
- Office volunteers: A busy job, but never boring and a lot of interaction on the phone and the front desk.
- Nifty Thrifty Rummage Room and the Gift Shoppe are always in need of volunteers to work various hours 5 days a week.
- Computer Lab: We have particular need for volunteers knowledgeable in computer technology and capable of instructing people on using the computers.
- Newsletter: We need volunteers to help create the newsletter in all of its various stages to complete it.
- Handyman or handywoman: Able to help with various odd jobs around the center, particularly fixing things.
- Donation pickup: This position needs volunteers strong enough to lift heavy objects.
- Pancake breakfast: A once-a-month commitment to help coordinate and serve food at the monthly breakfast.
- Travel Department: This person needs the capacity to plan for day and overnight trips. We have two travel companies they would be working with. Not only does it provide for members the chance to travel, but we also receive a commission.
- Public Relations: We are always looking for people who would enjoy doing PR work for our center.
- We have different events through out the year that require volunteers to make them a success, including: Fashion Show, Craft Show, Potlucks, Flea Market, Stockings for Soldiers.
Hopefully volunteers would have new ideas for different activities we might try here at the center!